Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Experience in America--Weng, Boxiong

I have been here for almost 4 years.
I remember when I just came here, I felt so lonely and foreign to everything. It was almost unbearable. I had no friends here. I only thought about how I could get back to China sooner. I recalled all the hometown food, friends etc. That did not help. I could nothing. After a while, I reminded myself: once arrived here, try to make it here. It took time to adjust myself to live in states. I also remember the first summer. I did not go to summer school. My brother and I stayed at home all long, watching TV and eating food. We did nothing at home. We were kind scared to go outside since we are not familiar with the city. We were very bored in this summer. After summer, we got into Seward Park High School. There were a lot of Chinese from Fujian Province. I could not speak Mandarin. I could not communicate with them. I had no classmates to talk to. This was my boing experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home